Wednesday, July 13, 2011

6 months ago...

Weston hit the 6 month mark on Sunday and I can't help but reflect on how much he has grown in such a short amount of time. It is already hard to remember the first couple of days and weeks, where Aaron and I went through the motions of caring for him in what is best described as a sleepless haze. Then, I could hardly imagine Weston doing all the normal baby things - rolling over, grabbing for toys, interacting with us, sitting up on his own - and now, a short 6 months later, he is already doing all of those things and is on the verge of being mobile. I can just see him thinking to himself - ready or not, here I come...

He has really broken out of his shell in the last 2 months. Since my last post, I feel like he has grown leaps and bounds.
  • He is now sitting up on his own and has become a lot more aggressive about what he wants. So much for a laid-back kid.
  • He has become very good at eating what my sister likes to call people food. He loves sweet potatoes the most and was introduced to fruit this week and it looks like he is a fan of that as well. He also has become very successful at holding his bottle.
  • He now rolls from front to back and back to front and also gets up on all fours as if he is going to crawl, but hasn't quite figured out that part of it yet. He is constantly pushing himself to the next thing - which I love. I'm so looking forward to chasing him around the house.
  • He is very loud and vocal. Not sure where he gets that from. LOL. I guess he got a little bit of me after all. It just wasn't as evident in the beginning.
  • And I must say my favorite thing that he has learned in the last 2 months - his hugs, snuggles, and giggles!
In addition, he has gotten to experience a lot of firsts as well.
    First taste of food - peas
    First road trip - went to Ohio to meet his daddy's family
    First time at the pool
    First vacation 
    First look at the ocean
    First 4th of July Fireworks
    And, finally, here is Weston at 6 months old.
    We have his 6-month doctors appointment next week... any guesses on how big he will be?

No comments: